Saturday, October 14, 2023

The Annular Eclipse

 

Friday the 13th of October
was followed by a bigger event on Saturday the 14th.
We were in the path of an annular eclipse
where the moon passed by the sun.


(PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPH)


What made the timing of the eclipse so unusual
is that it occurred the second Saturday
of the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta.
After the balloons had risen from the field
the visitors, who had been given special sun protective glasses,
stayed on the field to watch the mid-morning eclipse.

(PHOTO BY : knate myers photography)


I took several glimpses of the sun through the trees 
to see if I could see it.
Blink....blink...
don't look directly at the sun!
My eyes and my camera did not have the proper filters to
look directly at the eclipse or to photograph it.
So, instead, I watched the light and shadows changing outside.


"I SAID
DON'T LOOK DIRECTLY AT THE SUN!!!!!"



Darkness and Light:

Photos Taken During the Eclipse

October 14, 2023 was the annular eclipse. It passed by my city
in a full eclipse by mid-morning. These photos were taken on my balcony
as the light changed during the eclipse. The eclipse turned light into
darkness. 














No comments:

Post a Comment