Saturday, November 19, 2022

Amaya's Country Cottage

When I was in eighth grade, I made a four-room dollhouse out of science project
boards and leftover wallpaper from our home. When I was in ninth grade, my parents gave me a built but unfinished dollhouse for Christmas. It had three stories with a pyramid on top. I painted it, wall-papered it and shingled it. I then received kits for furniture to continue with dollhouse crafts.

When I moved out of state as an adult, I did not take the dollhouse with me. It was too large to take with me and move into a small apartment. It remained at my dad's house. My dad later gave it away to a family with a little girl who loved it and played with it.

My reaction to my lost dollhouse was to buy another one.
I bought a Country Cottage.


With my experience with high quality woods used in dollhouses,
I wasn't going to buy a dollhouse made from particle board.
I went online to David's Dollhouse in Colorado.

I contemplated the Fairplay Dollhouse.
It looked the most like the one that had been given away.
However, I lived in a small apartment and didn't have the room for such a tall dollhouse.
This can also be a lot of work!

 

I bought the smaller Country Cottage.
It arrived on December 3, 2014.



I opened it during Winter Break.
(Ummm....what?)


I assembled a lot of it during Winter Break.


I resumed work by summer vacation in 2015.





I decided that the Country Cottage
would be a 1920's Farmhouse.


Amaya's Bedroom
Amaya almost always wears her overalls,
cowboy hat and boots. It works for someone who lives
in a 1920's farmhouse.



Amaya's Bathroom



Amaya's Kitchen
The stove/oven in this kitchen is a Roper stove/oven.
I had one in the earlier house from my teenage years. I confirmed that the old house and all of its furniture was still in use. I then bought another Roper stove for my 1920's kitchen.



Amaya's Dining Room/Living Room
Although the dollhouse has been completed since 2015,
I am now wondering about adding pictures on the wall that would
work well for the existing design.



**********
Books by Wendy
The dollhouse kit was cut and assembled by David and Wendy of 
David's Dollhouse. It is my understanding that he no longer focuses on the kits he once produced.
David and Wendy still work in dollhouses.
Wendy especially focuses on dollhouse miniatures.







2 comments:

  1. So cute!!! How fun to see it go from flat in a box to beautiful and painted and finished! You did great! Amaya is lucky to have such a great house to live in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am really glad that I went with the Country Cottage and the farmhouse theme! It is a great quality house that Amaya is happy to call her home!

      Delete