Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Amaya's Reintroduction

I ordered Amaya directly from Fairyland. She is a PukiPuki with the Ante face mold. She arrived on December 22, 2014. It was two months earlier than I expected, so I had no clothes and no wig ready for her arrival!

By March 2015, her Fairyland face-up was wearing down. I sent her face plate out to be repainted.

Her face plate returned on March 22, 2015. I loved the new face up!


She had a lot of adventures with the new face up! 

Then her lips and her beautiful face up chipped and wore down. By July 2016, I sent her back to the original face up artist in hopes that she would match it as close as possible.

Her face plate with the second face up arrived on August 18, 2016. 

The face up artist did a good job. 

It wasn’t as close to her original face up she had done. The lips are darker. 

Sometimes her lips photograph as dark and sometimes they photograph lighter. 


Amaya has some clothes made for the 4-inch Mattel Kelly doll in the Barbie line. Her legs are longer than Kelly doll legs so pants end up looking like capris. Amaya has a few summer outfits for Kelly that work for her. The red cherry pants are her favorite! 


She also likes the pink short outfit.


The turkey costume was made for the Kelly doll. I like it. 

Amaya does not, so this year I have recruited another Kelly doll to be this year's turkey.

Amaya was fortunate enough to arrive when Jenifer Burns (aka "Spampy Stuff") was sewing clothes for small dolls. The overalls were sewn by Jenifer. This is what Amaya wears most often. She wears a short-sleeved shirt in the summer and a long-sleeved shirt in the winter. The cowboy hat and boots complete her favorite outfit!

Jenifer made the purple knit set. It is easier to pose her in this outfit than in the cowboy outfit!

She also has a purple shirt, a hoodie, a short-sleeve shirt, jean pants and jean shorts from Jenifer.

Amaya has been an easy travel doll to take out because of her size. I have a Ziplock box just her size to keep her safe in my purse or bag while exploring my neighborhood or traveling. We have not been out as much recently. Amaya is still happy to connect with friends through her computer!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Amaya!! She is so cute, and I love all of her outfits! (Cousin Button says "hello" from snowy, cold Colorado!

    ReplyDelete