Monday, December 29, 2014

Introducing Amaya

On Saturday morning,
Ella and Amaya decided to sit quietly
and wait for the mail carrier to come with the mail.
After all, something interesting might arrive!



I checked my tracking information,
and we didn't have to wait long!
At 10:30, Amaya's wig and a Kelly outfit were scanned
as being delivered to my apartment mailbox.
In addition to the wig and outfit,
her untracked eyes also arrived.




Yippee!
It was time to get to work replacing her eyes
and dealing with eye putty in tiny eye sockets.

Even though the above photos are really cute,
I also became more distressed as I realized
that I had been looking at a bald doll all week,
and the reality of big hair was a bit much.

I took out the scissors to trim her bangs.

What did I think was wrong with this?

By morning, Amaya had an official "mommy cut".
It was a little lopsided and thinner on one side.
Fortunately, I have cut enough wigs to figure
out where the imbalance was.


I trimmed the layer underneath to thin the top layer
and trimmed a bit more to add bangs to the side that was thinner.

It still looks like I cut her hair, but this is where she told me to STOP.
Do not cut anymore hair.



It looks like her and is workable.
Acceptable, but not fabulous.
But, so far, I am not compelled to buy another wig for her
due to a bad haircut.



The other "story" is that the Kelly Gap outfit
with overalls and a red striped shirt is really cute,
but doesn't fit well.
Old Kelly has shorter legs than Amaya!
Also the overalls are stiff and the snaps on the side
make her look wider than she is.
From now on, no Kelly pants.
Only summer wear, shorts, costumes, etc.


Amaya decided that if she was going to wear Kelly clothes,
she might as well have fun,
so on came the fairy outfit.



She reminded me of a three year old dancing
around the house in a tutu,
and then insisting on wearing it to the grocery store.


No comments:

Post a Comment