Thursday, March 26, 2015

Amaya Returns


Amaya first arrived from Fairyland on December 22, 2014.
Her face up was done by Fairyland.  
It was very sweet.

December 22, 2014





Unfortunately, when I changed her eyes, extra eye putty oozed out.
I used Q-Tips and other gentle methods to try and wipe her eye area,
but her eyelashes started to peel off.
I trimmed her bangs and brushed the loose hairs from her face,
and her lip paint began to chip.

January 31, 2015

Soon, it was apparent that she needed a new face up.
After I attempted to touch up her lips,
I realized that she needed more than I could provide.
I sent her to a recommended face up artist,
but the first person did not have the skill or style I was looking for.
After asking for references and doing a little more research,
I found a new place to send her.


She returned last night with a much more natural look.



I re-ordered her original wig style and color so that she would have
full bangs again after my bad hair cut.
I also ordered an auburn version of the same style.
I was happy to see them both arrive the same day as Amaya's face plate.



Although auburn would have worked,
I decided to keep her with brown/black wig.


On thing I have noticed about her new face up
is that although it is very natural and subtle in person
it is also no longer pink.
This is a point of notice because many of her clothes
are brighter colors, and at the moment,
I am not used to the brighter colors with the more brown face up.

In the morning, I wanted to spend some more time with her,
so I took her to my job as a 2nd grade teacher.



Amaya marked her visit with a photo by the March calendar.


She read through the board book version of
The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.


She liked the story of transformation


and how the caterpillar turned into a beautiful butterfly


after it had its time away.


Amaya hopes that even though she looks different than
when she left, that she is as beautiful as the butterfly.



While my students were at lunch, she decided to help them out the "house"
they had been building with Legos before lunch.






Do you think they will notice that I helped them?

No, but sometimes it is best to stay undercover.

ADAD Building Architecture

I certainly noticed that my little Amaya had been gone,
and am very happy to have her back!
Her face up is very well done, but there are few color changes
for me to get used to.

Today's adventure at school was our first successful outing
since her return last night.

Welcome Home, Amaya!






No comments:

Post a Comment